Where’s Your There?
You have dreams. A college education for your children. A comfortable retirement. A family legacy. Whatever your dreams, Discovery Financial can help get you there.
Wall Street savvy, Main Street integrity.
Discovery Financial is a Midwest-based firm founded in 1992. Our team of professional and experienced financial advisors and staff serves clients throughout the United States who know what they want in life. They turn to us to help them reach their goals with a personalized approach to planning, protecting and growing their financial portfolio.
We’re also a Main Street firm with a genuine interest in supporting our communities. We’re your neighbors, and we place trust and integrity above all else. With all the turbulence in the financial industry over the past decade, it’s good to have a local partner who is entirely committed to looking out for you and your interests.
A friendly voice, a familiar approach.
We believe that personalized service should be the rule, not the exception. When you need us we’re here for you. You will know what to expect from Discovery Financial each time you interact with us, and when you call, a real person will be there to help you and answer your questions.
Steven D. Lorenz, CFP®, CLU, ChFC
Steve has worked in the financial services industry since 1981. He is active in his profession and his community, having served as past president and board member of the St. Paul Society of Financial Professionals. Currently, Steve is a member of the Lakeville Chamber of Commerce and serves on the Business and Education Committee. Steve and his wife, Julie, have four children and reside in Apple Valley.
Steve is a Registered Representative and Investment Adviser Representative of NPC and has been affiliated with Discovery Financial since 2000.
- Graduated from Golden Gate University with a Bachelor’s degree in business management
- Earned the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation from the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards in 2008
- Earned the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC ) designation from American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Earned the Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation from American College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Holds Series 6, 7 and 63 securities registrations and life and health insurance licenses